I first heard of the books Sapiens and Cosmos when I was in eighth grade. Discussions about the Bermuda Triangle and some weird places on Earth made a group of our friends interested in science and history. I heard about these two books through a friend among them. When he said that it is the best book in the world and should be read, we all became very interested in it.
Having a little bit of a reading habit, I decided to buy it. But I was disappointed to hear that its price was between four and five hundred. Those two books seem like costly gems to me, who did not even like it when the price of the Balabhoomi(a child magazine), which I was regularly buying at that time, had gone up from eight to ten and then to twelve.
After a while, when I was in twelfth, I got a smartphone. They were the first I searched for. After some searching, I got the PDF file of both. In the case of Sapiens, there was a twist. All the letters in it are in English and can be read. But the language was something else. And the cosmos, its language was English. But I did not understand it well. Its English was tougher than I thought. And so the end of that endeavor. And the reading habit also had slowly decreased.
It was only recently that I came to know that the Malayalam translation of Cosmos has come down from the community post of The YouTube channel The Mallu Analyst. I decided to buy it right away (four or five hundred is still a big number but within reach). The anchor of The Mallu Analyst and one of the scriptwriters, Dr. Vivek Poonthiyil is the translator. Ordered as soon as I got the money. Five days of impatience.
When I could not bear the impatience, I looked for Sapiens again. I found it in Google Books. This time I made sure it was English and I could understand it. You should not make a mistake like last time. It is also a matter of money now.
Finally, the Cosmos has arrived. After a long time, I enjoyed the smell of the new book. As someone said, the brain got a good kick. Anyway, now I have both in my hands. Which will you read first ?. What if we had chicken biryani and beef biryani in front of us at the same time when we were hungry ?. we will taste a little from both. And then you eat a lot of what tastes good, right ?. So I read each chapter from both books. What seemed more interesting was the sapiens.
What is the relevance of humans if there is no universe, in that case, we can also read the cosmos first? It seems that the cosmos deals not only with the universe but also with many other subjects. Anyway, I'm reading Sapiens now. I will review it after I finish them.
With love,

Comments
Post a Comment